Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My New Goal + Jesus and the Chicken :-)

So I have this new goal, and I am determined to accomplish it. I have been thinking quite a bit about personal history, journal writing and scrap booking. All are amazing mediums to save your pictures, thoughts and stories for posterity. The only problem with these for me is that I am NOT good any doing any of them. I have always loved the gorgeous scrapbooks that so many women do, but as I have tried so many times to get into it myself it always turns out to be way more of a hassle and frustration than good so it never gets done. I have also had a journal my whole life, but it contains entry after entry that begin with "I know I haven't written forever"...So what do I do? Then I realized guess what I do have that I don't mind actually doing?...my blog. I have used the blog from the beginning as a way to make sure the major events in our lives were documented with pictures and small captions. Now here is where my goal comes into play. Instead of just the major events I want to record even the small ones, ones that I don't want to ever forget and would love for my children to read someday. So here goes nothing. Instead of the huge posts of big events I want to do posts more often with a few pics and sharing my feelings and stories with you. So I apologize in advance for my lack of writing skills. I have always been very good at writing the school essay because I could have a format that I could follow and include the researched information...however, the classes that I always struggled in most was anything having to do with creative writing...Im just not very good at it. I read some of my good friends (the amazing Jenny in particular) and I just love hearing how they can put their thoughts and feelings into such incredible words. Unfortunately, that is not me, but I will definitely do my best and hope that the true feeling of my words and experiences can somehow get across. Also, I truly hope someday that the pictures you see can be of much better quality in both camera and knowledge of photography. I have always been interested in it but have never had the means or time to really do it. Now I REALLY want to, but the means to get that kind of camera is unfortunately not here yet for me. Someday....On that note though here is my first post with my new goal in mind. (Truthfully I am behind with even the major events, Lorilyn's and Ryan's Birthdays) but I will catch those up shortly also.

You may be wondering what the title of my post could mean. It was something I just had to get recorded. My mother sent us this incredible calendar with some of the most beautiful and moving pictures I have ever seen. The March picture depicts Jesus in the garden during the atonement. Instead of leaning on the tree how we have always seen he is being held by an Angel. I saw the picture and was overwhelmed with the most wonderful spirit testifying of the truthfulness of the great sacrifice HE made for all of us and that I could never have ANY idea of what He really went though, but I am so grateful He did so He could take my hurt away from me and make me whole again. I love this picture because even though He is God's son, He is also Mary's, a mortal. He felt all of the pain he was asked to endure...and how would there not be Angels in His mist loving and holding Him? Well, Ryan and I were looking at the picture and talking about it when our little innocent 2 year old, who actually LOVES talking and reading stories about Jesus all the time which makes mommy and daddy so happy, came in, looked at the picture and said, "Look! Its Jesus with a pretty chicken!" Soooo innocent and adorable. We did however explain to her the difference between chickens and Angels, but it was just so cute I wanted to save the memory forever. Here is the picture...I hope it can touch your heart as much as it has mine...




And now I'll leave you with a pic of my little sunshine...can't get enough of this kid:-)







2 comments:

Jenny said...

You are so sweet and way too kind, Julene!! Thanks for your inspiring post. I've been thinking a lot lately how it'll be the record of our little, seemingly insignificant things that will be the most fun to look back on. I have the urge to post the everyday little happenings too. Can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

That's my grand-daughter...I enjoy reading whenever you post...