Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Family Pictures

One thing I find interesting is how hard it is now to get pictures of our family. I mean we have TONS of just the baby, some with me and the LJ and some with daddy and LJ, but us 3 together takes planning! So since spring has finally sprung here in Michgan and there are gorgeous views all around us we decided to take advantage of it and take some pictures. After church mother's day we asked Grandpa if he would snap a few shots of us in their beautiful back yard.


With it being just after mother's day, if you would indulge me, I thought I would share my thoughts on some of the amazing mother's in my life.

#1 - Most obvious being my mother. I couldn't be more grateful to have such a wonderful mother. She has always been the most amazing example of what true Christlike love is all about and I try every day to emulate her and all she does. I don't know if I will ever be able to accomplish the goal of truly being like her, but I am thankful for her constant example and friendship. Now as I am a mom I love knowing I was raised by such a wonderful woman that as long as I can do as I was shown, I might be able to be a good mom, that is the goal anyway. Thank you mom for your constant kindness, love, and support. Now that I am older I am so glad to call you one of my best friends!

#2 - My sister Lynette and sister in law Kori. I only about 14 when they got married then started having children so I got to just sit and observe as they began their journey's of motherhood. I couldn't have two better leaders of what being a good mother and wife is all about. Thank you for the wonderful examples you have set me in my life. I hope to be able to raise my family with such strength and love you two are raising yours with. I LOVE YOU!

#3 - The last mother I would like to talk about today is my mother-in-law Laurie (aka Mamma Jigs). Not many women get to say that their mother-in-law is also one of their best friends, but I honestly can. From the moment I met her she has been such a wonderful sunshine in my life that I don't know what I would do without. Thank you Mamma Jigs for raising such an amazing son and now accepting me as one of your own children and more important friends! I LOVE YOU!

And a big thanks goes to my special hubby for making it a wonderful first mother's day for me. People asked me what my husband did, and he did all of the normal mother's day things like breakfast, taking care of LJ, complimenting me continuously, doing work around the house, and any other nice thing they tend to do on mother's day. The difference though is that it truly wasn't much different from any other day of the year, and for that I couldn't be more grateful. I realized Sunday that am married to someone who truly treats me like it is mother's day every day! What more could anyone ask for?! I love you hubby!

3 comments:

birdmama said...

Thanks for the compliment. I do love being a mother and feel blessed to have found my calling in life. My greatest joy is in seeing my children have fun together and with their dad. I am glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Here's to a hundred more!

rad6 said...

What a sweet post. Your family is beautiful. You are just beaming with happiness and it is so real! I loved reading about your motherhood thoughts. You have been through some tough times but I think they have really made you amazing. You are so sweet and appreciative of your amazing husband... I love it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Love ya, Ruth

Kate said...

Great post, thanks for sharing. I love the family pictures too. You all look great! :)