Monday, January 11, 2010

Gratitude

Gratitude to me encompasses soooo much in my life. Gratitude for family, friends, children, a warm place to sleep, food to eat, even down to the shoes on my feet to keep them warm and dry. And I have read many people's thoughts on their gratitude which seems to also encompass these things. As I thought about it though I realized once again that none of these things would be possible for me to have and be grateful for if it weren't for a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who have given me the opportunity to come to this earth, and placed me in a blessed family and situation to be able to enjoy these many things. People wonder how in the WORLD we could even think of giving 10% of our income back, especially when many times on paper it doesn't even seem to work out to have money to pay the bills, but really my thought is...how could I not?! If you can acknowledge there is a God, and because of Him you are blessed with the many things you have, how could you even think that the smallest 10% is too much to give in return? Really He has given you everything and you balk at giving Him 10%? I am sorry for being so forward, but so many times I have been practically laughed at for doing this, but truthfully I couldn't be more grateful to do it. The blessings that come to my life through Him and following His counsels are endless, and I am so grateful for them. As we just went through the Holiday season it gave many people time to reflect on all they have and enjoy, which is a wonderful thing to do, but no joy is grater than the knowledge that all of those things are given to us because of a loving Father in Heaven. From children, to houses, to a job to pay the bills, none would be possible without His love and blessings to us. So as I reflect on the importance of it all, I don't necessarily have to think about a baby in a manger, but I do think about all of my blessings and the whole reason WHY I have them. Many people are able to recognize their blessings, but if they take a moment to think of WHY they have them and acknowledge a greater power, they could feel the same joy (on top of the joy for their blessings), that comes through our Savior. I think people do feel that joy, but many times they just don't like to acknowledge it actually comes from above. The peace that comes with that understanding it incredible. I don't really know why my heart and mind were so full this morning, but I wanted to share with you some of my thoughts and express the "Gratitude" that I feel in my life during the holiday season and all throughout the year. I am blessed, and so grateful for it.

No comments: